Saturday 23 March 2013

Full-Color Uniforms of the PRUSSIAN ARMY: 72 Plates from the Year 1830

My mum and dad very kindly picked me up a copy of Full-Color Uniforms of the PRUSSIAN ARMY: 72 Plates from the Year 1830 from a garage sale recently (yard sale to our northern allies).

I've never come across it before but it's a rather nice tome, softcover and about 12" x 10". There are 72 coloured lithographic plates in total and they are lovely. I suspect it might be part of a series but haven't come across anything that might indicate other related works.

If anybody knows more about it (i.e. if it formed part of a series) I'd very much like to know.

Cheers,
Millsy

1 comment :

  1. Wow! That's so cool! I had a dream a month or so ago where I was at a dinner party and one of the men there had on a uniform very like this one. I've just been searching online for old military uniforms trying to find one like it, so thank you very much for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...